We all know that bloated, inflamed & uncomfortable feeling after eating like 💩 and/or boozing too much, right?
Back in the old days, this would send me into a tailspin.
One that would make me go to the extremes of restriction in an effort to "undo" all the damage I had done.
Excessive exercise, a strict list of “clean” foods, monitoring every bite that went into my mouth with laser-like precision.
At the core, this was driven by *NOT* caring for myself. I treated myself and my body like objects without any real sense of respect & compassion.
Unsurprisingly, it was miserable, and it perpetuated a significant amount of negativity for my mind & body.
As I began to develop my sense of self and started to TRULY care for myself on a deep level, the negative mind chatter slowly dissipated after these big weekends.
And I started a completely different plan of action as a result!
***Note that this happened as a RESULT of shifting my mindset. My mindset wasn’t the byproduct.***
So, how to manage without going to extremes?
1. Forgive yourself ASAP. Talking shit to yourself is NOT remotely helpful. Have a sense of humor about it!
2. Ask yourself what you can do to support yourself with movement—mind & body.
This might mean rest one day, or it might mean a workout! Usually a workout for moi (although this can backfire with a hangover🤪).
3. ADD items to your self-care regimen that contribute to your well-being. For me, that’s usually lots of time outside.
4. A shitload of water & electrolytes. NUUN is my preference
5. Foods that get that body of your fillllled with nutrients. Eat well, feel well (most of the time). That’s lots ‘o veggies for me.
No extremes, nothing intense.
Just good old-fashioned steps that any women who cares about herself would do!
What do you do after you’ve had a big weekend?